#261: GetComponents misleading warning message ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: reopened Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: warning messages ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
Replying to [comment:4 eric9]:
Ah of course it wouldn't be available on earlier versions of git. Can
you tell me if the --porcelain option is available on 1.6.3.1? It provides similar functionality as --short.
Unfortunately it is not provided by version 1.6.3.1.
In version 1.7.3.5 I'm not seeing a --quiet option, and it would be
annoying to parse the normal status output (git status always seems to exit with a 0 code if called inside a repo).
Yes, it doesn't seem to be there! It is very strange that an option got deprecated so fast from one version to another. In any case I am not sure how to handle this issue. I guess I will file a ticket asking for a git upgrade on Ranger. It would be helpful if others could post here the git version they currently have in their production machines. Usually linux versions oriented to desktop use have a more up to date version of git, svn, hg, etc. That doesn't seem to be the case for production systems.
Machines/Git version: Ranger/1.6.3.1 Kraken/1.7.1.1 BlueDrop/1.6.0.2