#1704: redirect stdout and stderr of all processes if requested (also of the root process) --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: optional | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* status: reopened => review
Comment:
I now added a message. I didn't want to over-engineer this issue, and certainly didn't want to rewrite all the redirection code. I just found it odd that the output of one process is missing when redirecting, which can be inconvenient. I now added a message to the request. The change can now be summarized by:
- also redirect stdout/stderr of process 0 if requested. This means that nothing is going "to the screen" anymore in that case. - Add a message (before the redirection) that hints the user about this fact, and suggests using 'tail -f' as possible way to follow the output.