#1902: PETSc does not build on Ubuntu 16.04 ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: hinder Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2016_05 Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: PETSc ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
You would need ssh access to the build node itself; we don't record all the build output in the Jenkins archive (it is too big). I'm not sure that blindly committing a change and waiting for the test system to pick it up to 'test' the change is the right way of going about debugging this problem. Instead, I suggest that you reproduce the problem yourself on your own machine. See comment:7. It should be really easy; I can help if you have trouble. Ideally, we would have infrastructure in place to have accounts for ET developers in a virtual environment with the different architectures we were testing, so that you could log in and compile Cactus yourself with a given OS, and reproduce the problem (like we do on clusters). We don't have that yet.
Note that before, we were talking about 16.04. But now the main build of 12.04 is failing, so something has gotten worse. Note also that many external libraries are being rebuilt as a result of #1897, and failing. Even the 'full' build, which shouldn't be affected by #1897 (https://build.barrywardell.net/job/EinsteinToolkitFull/) is failing now, so the change to the ar behaviour has made 12.04 fail in a similar way to 16.04.
I am attaching configure.log. This is from build 798 of 'EinsteinToolkit'.