#427: Cannot update manifest to Mercurial version of Carpet ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------ Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: new Priority: critical | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Keywords: | ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------ I updated my manifest to using the Mercurial version of Carpet. Since I was using this version before, there was no change except that there is now also an anonymous url available. When I try to update, I receive the error message that the repo url changed, although it did not change at all.
My repo configuration was before:
# Carpet, the AMR driver !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = git !AUTH_URL = carpetgit@carpetcode.org:carpet !URL = git://carpetcode.org/carpet # For experimental version, comment previous three lines and uncomment next two # Note that you will need to get access first (ask Erik Schnetter) !TYPE = hg !URL = ssh://carpetmercurial@carpetcode.org/carpet
It is now:
# Carpet, the AMR driver !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = hg !AUTH_URL = ssh://carpetmercurial@carpetcode.org/carpet !URL = http://www.carpetcode.org/hg/carpet # For the git version of Carpet, comment the previous three lines and # uncomment the next three #!TYPE = git #!AUTH_URL = carpetgit@carpetcode.org:carpet #!URL = git://carpetcode.org/carpet
In particular, the url did not change, but it moved from URL to AUTH_URL, while the URL method is now new. The url required authorization all along, but since GetComponents does not support having an AUTH_URL without having a URL, it was given as URL.
When I give the command
$ ./bin/GetComponents --update --root=. manifest/einsteintoolkit.th
I receive the error message:
Error: The URL for Carpet/doc has changed, please perform a clean checkout.
Note that I don't use (and I think I never did use) the -a flag for GetComponents.
I checked the repository, and the current url is the same as in the manifest:
$ (cd repos/carpet; hg showconfig paths.default) ssh://carpetmercurial@carpetcode.org/carpet
Where does GetComponents store the previous url? How can I make it believe that my repo url did not actually change? Is this connected with switching from an anonymous to an authorized checkout? If so, how do I make this switch "officially"?