#185: Cannot sync when usernames on source and destination machines are different ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Keywords: | ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- I have just tried to use simfactory 2 again, but I am falling at the first hurdle. It seems that syncing has been broken:
macbook:llama ian$ sim2 sync damiana self.LocalMachine=macbook DEBUG: Simfactory command: simfactory2/bin/../lib/sim.py "sync" "damiana" DEBUG: Version 1096M The Simulation Factory: Manage Cactus simulations
defs: /Users/ian/Cactus/llama/simfactory2/etc/defs.ini defs.local: /Users/ian/Cactus/llama/simfactory2/etc/defs.local.ini using machines: ['damiana']
current working directory: /Users/ian/Cactus/llama
Cactus Directory: /Users/ian/Cactus/llama Enabled Options: sync-parfiles: True sync-sourcetree: True
local_sourcebasedir: /Users/ian/Cactus path: llama Configured sourcebasedir "/Users/ianhin/Cactus" does not exist or is not readable
<<<
My username on Macbook is "ian" and on Damiana it is "ianhin".
I looked in the source code, and there is a comment on line 104 of sim- sync.py:
# There need to be two define databases, one for the local and # another for the remote system. Currently, USER is for the # remote and SOURCEDIR is for the local system -- this is # inconsistent.
So when it expands the sourcebasedir for the local machine, it uses the USER variable for the remote one. I thought that this worked before. A workaround is to not use the USER variable when setting sourcebasedir in your local.defs.ini:
[macbook] user = ian < sourcebasedir = /Users/@USER@/Cactus
sourcebasedir = /Users/ian/Cactus