#1764: Error with compilation of HWLOC ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: maxim.barkov@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: blocker | Milestone: ET_2015_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: HWLOC ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
Replying to [comment:22 knarf]:
Replying to [comment:21 bmundim]:
I wanted ubuntu.cfg to work out of the box for the students here, but
that's ok. Please remove those comments. I will keep patching ubuntu.cfg locally.
ubuntu.cfg should work, shouldn't it? The list of recommended packages
isn't used anywhere. It's really only a comment. Is the problem that a standard Ubuntu boost installation isn't found by the thorn, if not configured in the option list (I don't know if this is the case, you tell me)?
It will build Boost and HDF5 libraries with the current ubuntu.cfg because it can't find them in the system directories. Those comments are to help new users on which packages to have installed in the system so that ET compilation goes faster. I suggested also to add openmpi to the list of packages installed in the comment because I had problems with mpich2 a few months ago. Both might work though. I guess Roland is trying a test with mpich2, right?