#1897: MPI thorn builds when it shouldn't ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: blocker | Milestone: ET_2016_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: MPI ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
In one version of the proposal, yes. I went through multiple versions of the rule and now I use {{{$(wildcard do_build)}}} to avoid this effect (must have missed it when testing this on my workstation). Thank you for pointing out the make *-depend target (I can never remember which one it is).
Yes, as far as I know one can specify the full path on dependency side (I think there is some make var that points to the thorndir, isn't there?). This would all go into the ExternalLibrary's makefile and not be part of Cactus' make.subdir or make.thornlib. A full path for the target also works but make then needs to be called with that string as its target.