#2178: PITTNull can take a very long time to compile with the Intel compiler ------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Roland Haas | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: NullConstr ------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Roland Haas):
@Yosef: could I impose on you to check which other files are affected (by adding the optimization option to the ones that are slow one by one) and to prepare a patch, please? The {{{#ifdef}}} construct I mentioned would be this (note that this is doing the "right thing" even when a user specified {{{-O0}}} on the command line [see the docs linked below] "The procedure is compiled with an optimization level equal to the smaller of n and the optimization level specified by the O compiler option on the command line."): {{{ #ifdef __INTEL__ !DIR$ OPTIMIZE: 2 #endif }}}
For reference: those comments / pragma are described here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/693375#30475674-0480-4EF2-A02E- 68BAD8BBA87F and I checked and indeed our use of the cpp preprocessor hides the {{{!DIR$}}} comment from the Fortran compiler.