#1239: AHFinderDirect uses incorrect origin_* upon recovery when horizon was never found before ----------------------------------------+----------------------------------- Reporter: reisswig@… | Type: defect Status: new | Priority: major Milestone: | Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn Version: | Keywords: AHFinderDirect ----------------------------------------+----------------------------------- Problem: After some time in the simulation, I want to search for an horizon. I do not know where the horizon appears initially when the simulation started. I therefore leave origin_* and initial_guess__coord_sphere__*_center at zero.
By some means later, I have figured out where the horizon will appear. Therefore, after recovery, I want to set origin_* and initial_guess__coord_sphere__*_center to the origin where I believe the horizon will appear.
Unfortunately, upon recovery, the new origin_* is overwritten by whatever was stored in ah_origin_* (this would be zero). Generally, this means that the initial guess ellipsoid that is setup when a horizon has never been found, is ill-posed (because the initial (and incorrect) origin_* are used with the updated initial_guess__coord_sphere__*_center).
Solution: Don't use the stored AH origin upon recovery when a horizon has never been found before.
The attach patch solves the problem.