#1735: support FFTW3_LIBS FFTW3_INC_DIRS FFTW3_LIB_DIRS in FFTW3 ExternalLibrary ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett hinder Type: defect | Status: reviewed_ok Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: FFTW3 ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by hinder):
* status: review => reviewed_ok
Comment:
I had to go and look up the meaning of this syntax. The ":" prefix means "don't do anything with the return value, just do the side effects of the command" (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7444504/explanation-of-this- use-of-the-colon-operator). The difference between := and = in the parameter expansion is that := changes the value if the parameter is unset or null, whereas = only changes it if it is unset (https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Shell-Parameter- Expansion.html). I am assuming that the act of declaring the options in configuration.ccl causes Cactus to set the variables to null, which explains the need for all the changes in the patch. Assuming I have understood this correctly, please apply.