#1882: mpirun hangs on fedora 23 ----------------------------------+----------------------------------------- Reporter: msahrling@… | Owner: Mikael Sahrling Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
1. This is Nov 15 2015 release 2. I'm using the tool included BBHMedRes.par 3. In directory: Cactus/exe: sim/mpirun -np 10 ./cactus_sim BBHMedRes.par. I have a Xeon 2620 with 6 cores. I have also observed this with np=2, np=5. 4. It runs between 1min and 4 hours and suddenly it just freezes, see attached screenshot of frozen system. Keyboard/mouse are not communicating, the screen is no longer updating, network connection is off etc. Also the sim also stopped, I have waited an hour or so to see if during this time the simulation files were updating. But no.
I don't think it's a memory issue since I'm quite a bit away from my max 24GB/64GB.