#2000: support radial boundary conidtion with Llama in NewRad ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: NewRad ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I tested that this works as expected for an outgoing radiative boundary condition by comparing with the static BC, and finding only a very small amount of incoming radiation (in psi0), and comparing the psi4 waveform with that from a causally disconnected boundary. Erik also had eyes on the code (he found a bug which I had missed). One reason not to apply it would be the complaint that it is not a generic solution, since it only helps when the z coordinate is in fact radial. It also may not work if the radial stretch is used and the stretched region extends to the outer boundary. However, it allows us right now to implement causally-connected outer boundary conditions with the ET, and I think that is worth having even with those issues.