#1573: Simfactory aborts when --basedir is added as option to 'sim create-submit' ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2014_05 Component: SimFactory | Version: ET_2013_11 Keywords: | ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- I was trying to group several simulations under the same directory name and thought of using the option --basedir to overwrite my machine default. I was able to submit the job without a problem:
{{{ sim create-submit BLAH --config blahblah --machine loewe --basedir /path/to/new/basedir --parfile blah.par --walltime 2:00:00 --num-threads 12 --procs 96 }}}
The simulation directory and paths to executable, run and submit scripts were correctly created and saved in properties.ini in the simulation SIMFACTORY directory. However when the job was supposed to start running, Simfactory aborted with the following error message:
{{{ Error: unable to load simulation BLAH for execution Aborting Simfactory. }}}
I suspect this error occurs because the run command doesn't inherit the new --basedir option. I tracked down message in the definition of command_run() in sim-manage.py. Looking at SimRestart in simrestart.py we can see it loads the basedir from the machine entry:
{{{ self.BaseDir = simlib.GetBaseDir(machineEntry) }}}
Would it be possible to save basedir to properties.ini and avoid loading it from the machine entry? This would allow the user to overwrite the machine entry.