#339: ExternalLibraries/OpenSSL does not compile in 64-bit mode on Mac OS ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ExternalLibraries/OpenSSL ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
There is an autoconf build_cpu macro, which gives the architecture. I suspect that it tells you the architecture that is going to be compiled for, but it's possible that it gives you the capability of the CPU. Another option would be to use a C program which output sizeof(int *) rather than using "file" on the resulting binary, as this would be more portable. In configure.in, there is mention of SIZEOF_POINTER, but I don't know how to propagate that as a make variable to the OpenSSL script. using "export CCTK_POINTER_SIZE=@SIZEOF_POINTER@" in make.config.defn.in didn't work - it doesn't get expanded in make.config.defn. I probably need to assign it explicitly using an autoconf macro, but I don't know how to do that.