#391: What happened to the citation link on the ET website? --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: dcastl2 Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: citation --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I agree. In practice, people usually make several changes before committing. This is much easier to implement in practice if you have an SVN client which allows you to select individual lines to be committed. I do not know of such a client for Mac OS or Linux, but perhaps one exists. With Git I use GitX on Mac OS which does this very well. In the absence of this feature, the best way is to rename the file in question, restore the master copy from the repository, and then use a diff program to selectively move diffs into the master version and commit them one by one (with good commit messages!). I also find it useful to prefix the commit message with the name of the file being modified, as this is not always obvious without looking at the full diff.