#798: allow calculations in parameter assignments in parameter files --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: optional | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I added to "=" moniker because right now a number with a "=" would be invalid and it means that I can guarantee that the old parameter files are not affected (saves on flame emails). It is also a bit faster since each "=" trigger the constructions of a parser tree, recursive function calls etc.
Attached please find an updated patch no longer requiring an extra "=", it first tries feeding its input to strol/atoi/SetBoolean and if that fails trys and expression parser.
Python support would be nice, yes. Something that's easier to add support for is Tcl (at least I have added Tcl to some code in the past but never python).
I can add a "system()" function easily that would use the result of a system() call :-P.
Ian: A third option is to use simfactory's @(...)@ syntax.
Do we still want the patch (it adds a third option for parameter dependencies).
The parser itself would still be nice for grid functions.