#30: Implement a "get" command --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: mthomas Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I might be interested in such a 'get' command, but personally I am not so much concerned about consistency. As long as a simulation is running I accept that files might be inconsistent between each other, and in the case of hdf5 might also be broken at times. Pausing a simulation and wasting SUs that way just to get a snapshot of the data 100% reliably doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Automatically checking that an hdf5 file isn't broken would be nice though. However, making sure the file is 'current' seems unnecessary. I usually don't care to have the absolutely last timestep if that was just written and would like to avoid another rsync for that; especially if yet another timestep might be written during that time.
Of course, as soon as a simulation finished all of this isn't an issue anymore anyway.