#1276: Intel 2013.1.117 mis-compiles NewRad ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: reopened Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2014_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: NewRad ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by bmundim):
* status: closed => reopened * resolution: fixed =>
Comment:
This bug seems to be partially back on intel 14. I am updating the loewe.cfg file after a machine upgrade and noticed that all tests using the parameter
ML_BSSN::my_initial_boundary_condition = "extrapolate-gammas"
failed. After I realized all failed at NewRad.c I recalled this ticket and then I ran Frank's standalone code with -O0, -O1, -O2, -O3, -Ofast flags. As you can see below only the -O1 and -O2 flags corrupted the output. Since the -O2 is usually the default flag, I thought of reporting this issue here again.
icpc -o ./extrap -O0 ./extrap.cc ./extrap 2 2 2 2 2 2 icpc -o ./extrap -O1 ./extrap.cc /extrap -10184 -10184 -10184 -10184 -10184 -10184 icpc -o ./extrap -O2 ./extrap.cc ./extrap 40896 40896 40896 40896 40896 40896 icpc -o ./extrap -O3 ./extrap.cc ./extrap 2 2 2 2 2 2 icpc -o ./extrap -Ofast ./extrap.cc ./extrap 2 2 2 2 2 2
The full version of the compiler I used is:
icpc -V Intel(R) C++ Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 14.0.3.174 Build 20140422 Copyright (C) 1985-2014 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.