#1651: Problems with expansions in parameter files ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: sbrandt Type: defect | Status: accepted Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
It might be that what Roland is suggesting is better, but I would point out that requiring "set before use" might impose unnecessary structure on your parameter file. For example, you may want to put parameters into logical sections ("initial data", "evolution", "grid structure") etc, and having the requirement of "set before use" might lead to circular dependencies. I don't have an example, and I don't know if this would happen in practice, and it might indeed be easier to debug if we do it Roland's way, but I just wanted to mention this aspect here. I would be happy with a version which required "set before use" initially, and if we find it would be useful to relax the requirement, it could be changed later, without loss of backward compatibility.