#1908: Cactus: don't print schedule tree by default --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: optional | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I agree that some 'phrases' might be nice. I also agree that the scheduling tree isn't the only information you hardly need when running simulations, or building executables. We have to do something to cut output like this down to a minimum that is useful for most people, along with the possibility to easily enable more output when needed. I've chosen the schedule tree because of it's sheer length in terms of lines, and for the not-very-invasive nature of the change (just the default value of an already existing parameter).
What I would like to avoid is that this ticket becomes a collection of wishes for very different things, a kind of über-ticket for cutting down on the output while building/running. We could open a ticket like that, and link this ticket there, if this is felt to be helpful. I would like to concentrate here on the default for printing the scheduling tree: should this be 'yes', or 'no'?