#666: have CarpetIOScalar output grid scalar directly rather than applying reductions to them --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: reopened Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Thank you. I only looked at the committed code and the test files so far. It looks very nice. Thank you. I will try it out during the day and propose changes. One thing that I noticed was that the testsuite uses Carpet timing data, which is likely not a good idea since it should change each time the code is run, shouldn't it? One other thing might be that it might be nice to extent IOUtil to support a compact option in the per- variable option string so that one can turn on compact format only for some variables and leave eg. 1d ASCII output in the old format for the benefit of old postprocessing scripts that use the old format. I have no comments on the actual data so far.