#670: commit 166d77a440a5 and b5f8b4ff16fb does not compile with gfortran ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: diener Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I tried that (actually before I send the original ticket) and tried again right now. I get {{{ In file /home/rhaas/ET/configs/et/build/Carpet/LoadBalanceReal/carpet_boxtypes.f90:261
type(ptr), dimension(:), allocatable, intent(in) :: sregions 1 Error: ALLOCATABLE attribute conflicts with DUMMY attribute at (1) }}} I removed those as well next and actually had to remove the -std=f2003 (otherwise it complains about Cactus' CCTK_POINTER being a non-standard integer*8 type). It then compiles but I have no idea if it is still doing the right thing in this case (since I had to remove the allocatable not just the intent). I am not very familiar with Fortan at all :-(
gcc 4.1 is certainly very very old by now, it does not even support OpenMP. The only reason why I think we mights still care about it is that it still is the compiler used in RedHat 5 systems. Since I expect that some groups still use this version on their workstations (Caltech, GT that I know of) at least for a while (RedHat 6 is out and uses a newer version). I don't know if it is a good idea to have a base component (Carpet) that does not compile out of the box with the OS supplied compiler. If there was a simple way to work around the issue (eg. if removing just the intent from the pointers would have been enough) I would have preferred that.