#1006: ExternalLibraries' configure.sh scripts handle /usr inconistently ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ExternalLibraries ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
It turns out that this was not just a theoretical question; this is the exact cause of the problem I am fighting right now. The problem is not restricted to the system locations, it includes any location which might have more than one library present. Once any thorn has asked for that location to be added to the library path, you are at risk of getting all the libraries in that path from that location, irrespective of where you intended to get them from. For example, I have OpenMPI installed both by MacPorts in /opt/local and by the system in /usr. I also have HDF5 installed by MacPorts in /opt/local. Once HDF5 has added /opt/local/lib to the library path, there is no way to stop OpenMPI also being picked up from /opt/local/lib when I wanted the version in /usr.
Can one use an absolute path with "-l" to choose a specific version of a library?