#1125: LORENE hard codes OpenMP options into compile options ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: LORENE ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I suspect that the CXXFLAGS that the script sees is the raw one from the options list. Namely when I tested various way to get OPENMP flags to work, I could have an options list that said OPENMP=yes but CXXFLAGS would not see the openmp options unless I explicitly added them. I just tried this and that seems indeed to be the case.
I agree though that a much nicer way of handling this would be to pass all the defines that Cactus' configure defines to the individual thorn's configure.sh scripts. Ie present the fully expanded CXX_FLAGS (incl. optimization options etc) to the per-thorn configuration scripts.
LORENE seems to actually use OpenMP at least rev 23 says "add some openmp support to lorene evaluation onto list of points". Given how slow LORENE is otherwise this is highly desirable for OpenMP eneabled builds.