#1698: The ET tickets should be tidied up ------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Ian Hinder | Owner: Steven R. Brandt Type: enhancement | Status: assigned Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Server Infrastructure | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: postrelease ------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Ian Hinder):
I found it was quite easy to work through and triage the tickets alone; I think doing it as a group will be very inefficient. I think that with the tickets in their current state, it makes more sense to have them triaged by one person at a time, and then those that might need input/discussion from a larger group can be discussed at the end of the ET call.
I think the most important thing to start with is that the tickets have the right metadata, especially priority. We don't need to actually close the ticket. Once that has been done, then we can decide which tickets to work on.
One idea might be to ask for one volunteer each week to spend one hour triaging tickets. I found that I was able to get through a large number of tickets in an hour. This might consist of: 1. Triage all tickets touched in the last week; 2. Work backwards in ticket number triaging tickets. Tell the person the following week which ticket number you got to, so they can start from there.
I think Roland has been working through them recently; at least there are often floods of "pings" from him. Roland, what do you think?