#1303: document syntax of new parameter file parser ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: sbrandt Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2013_05 Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
For unaries the statement makes no sense. They have to associate to the right since this is the only argument they have. I think my (I added the docs) statement for unary operators is nonsensical since they always have to associate like this (since I don't think I ever supported postfix operators) {{{ - ++i = -(++i) }}} which is association to the right. It also allowed (I think) normally disallowed things like: {{{ a * -b == a * (-b) and a + - b == a + (-b) }}} .For {{{'**'}}} I had {{{ a**b**c == (a**b)**c }}} while normally one would have {{{ a**b**c == a**(b**c) }}} . I assume your parser does the "normal" ordering anyway. NOTE: the "old" parser is still going to be used for some parts of the code when ParameterSet is called directly.