#1050: [PATCH]CarpetIOHDF5: make WriteLargeAttribute write a string, not an array of ints --------------------------------+------------------------------------------- Reporter: anton@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Comment (by anton@…):
Replying to [comment:2 eschnett]:
Carpet currently writes an array of characters (not an array of
integers), thus the difference between this and a string is small.
Right. To clarify, I'm using this in my python script for processing the data, since it seemed the most "proper" way to get grid attributes. Or is it a better idea to use something else?
Of course I could do ''.join(map(chr, *)) on it, but writing it properly in the first place seems cleaner.
The patch does not close the new datatype, leading to a memory leak.
The readers of these attributes, used mostly during recovery, also need
to be updated to read strings and not expect arrays of characters.
Sorry about this, I'm not very familiar with the code yet. Should be fixed in the new patch.