#1955: Multipole: Add possibility to have out_dir distinct from regular IO:out_dir, but default to the old behavior ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: reviewed_ok Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
True about 'git log'. The history would be a little better visible in a GUI layout, which is what I prefer to look at non-linear git histories.
I'll look into CCTK_VError.
Concerning branch: I created the branch to make the code 'public', visible for a review, and easily accessible using git. Of course, such a branch isn't meant for 'end users', but developers. I could have forked the repo for the same purpose. Branch vs. fork for a feature request is mostly a taste choice. Since I can create branches on the original repository I prefer that over a fork which a reviewer would have to add manually for a review, and which I would have to remove after it was merged. Someone without write access would fork instead. Of course, there is also those that advocate to use both a fork and then a new branch within that...