#477: Carpet commit f33caf3aba96 (hg) breaks timer output in CCTK_Terminate ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Then it is in the wrong state (is there a state to ask someone who understands to code to look into it?), sorry. I do not want to suggest to back out the hierachical timers. If this really caused by a single pair of non-nested timer (in the flesh) then I would suggest to fix the order of those timers and to also make the assertion into a warning of high level (if the code can actually handle non-nested timers). As far as I undertand it, the documentation does not state that timer calls must be nested. So it might not be a good idea to enforce this too violently.
I will do some more tests to find out if there is a non-nested timer and report back.