#2890: CarpetX: crash/failed assertion in Z4c_RHS
Reporter: Miren Radia Status: open Milestone: Version: development version Type: bug Priority: major Component: CarpetX
Comment (by Miren Radia):
The problem is likely that the grid is too small for the given number of GPUs.
I’m not sure about this. I only ran on a single GPU (initially I started on 8 but realised that I could reproduce on just 1) and also started with a more production-sized parameter file with the following grid configuration that reproduces the same problem:
``` $nlevels = 10
CarpetX::xmin = -512.0 CarpetX::ymin = -512.0 CarpetX::zmin = -512.0 CarpetX::xmax = 512.0 CarpetX::ymax = 512.0 CarpetX::zmax = 512.0
CarpetX::ncells_x = 128 CarpetX::ncells_y = 128 CarpetX::ncells_z = 128
CarpetX::max_num_levels = $nlevels CarpetX::regrid_every = 128 CarpetX::regrid_error_threshold = 0.03125
BoxInBox::num_regions = 2 # Region 1 BoxInBox::shape_1 = "cube" BoxInBox::num_levels_1 = $nlevels BoxInBox::radius_1 = [256.0,128.0,64.0,42.535384,21.267692,10.633846,5.316923,2.658462,1.329231,0.664615] BoxInBox::position_x_1 = 4.461538461538462
# Region 2 BoxInBox::shape_2 = "cube" BoxInBox::num_levels_2 = $nlevels BoxInBox::radius_2 = [256.0,128.0,64.0,34.264616,17.132308,8.566154,4.283077,2.141538,1.070769,0.535385] BoxInBox::position_x_2 = -5.538461538461538 ```
I just made the grid configuration smaller for the purposes of reporting in this ticket as it’s quicker to run.
-- Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2890/carpetx-crash-fail...