#899: Push testsuite results to a git repository --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Would it make sense to have each test run as a single simulation with multiple restarts? This would fit better into the Simfactory scheme, but would prevent running them in parallel.
I usually have branches for configurations (not machines). That means that e.g. damiana-gcc and damiana-intel would be in different branches.
It is possible to expire old runs. This would probably make it necessary to not link the different commits into a sequence (but rather have a multi-headed repository). Each commit would also be tagged. Removing the tag would then expire a run. This may not be a good idea, because it may confuse many tools. I don't do this in Formaline.
I just checked, and a single test result uses 8 MB. This indicates an incremental cost of about 2 MB per test run. I assume you run "git gc" from time to time, and that 363 MB is measured after a gc?
I would store the output data as well. If we run out of space, we can reduce the size (but moving some of the files to a new repository).