#2056: sim setup does not override sourcebasedir for existing machines -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: duplicate | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Replying to [comment:3 hinder]:
Thanks. I remember running into this issue a year ago, but couldn't
find a ticket. Your ticket-searching skills are better than mine! Now, if we could actually *fix* it, that would be even better :)
No worries. Given that you *are* actually putting work in to fix it (rather than just reporting as I was doing) I think you are doing just fine. It is a very annoying issue in particular if you want to set things up for a student on a new machine and have to tell them "and now you have to edit the file you just created because simfactory ignores half of the options you passed".