#508: list-simulations displays job ID when it doesn't make any sense -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I disagree with what Erik said in comment 2. SimFactory is supposed to create an abstraction over these details. Users who want to break the abstraction can easily go and delve around in the simulation output directory or use qstat to find the job id. Similarly for the restart id.
As a user, what I want to see from list-simulations is: * A list of the simulations on the machine * Whether a simulation is active or inactive * Whether the simulation is running or not * How much longer it will run for in walltime (the total walltime of all queued restarts) [this is not currently available, and requires logging in to the machine and running qstat]
I don't care about the details of individual restarts or job ids. Perhaps those could be output with a --all-details option or something.
Erik: if I haven't convinced you, just close the ticket.