#745: the flesh allows two implemantion of the same interface to have different default values for restricted parameters ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Yes that is certainly a better way of stating the issue. Should I open up a second ticket for Carpet and PUGH? The contents would be almost the same as this ticket this one and I would use the same example parameter file.
Note: a check for identical default values at runtime is (almost) trivial to do in CCTKi_ParamterCreate, the only messy piece being that one has to normalize the default values (ie. "yes" for all boolean true values etc). Ideally this would happen at configuration time though I think. I expect that Cactus already has most information at hand at configuration time, since --- I believe --- I get errors if two thorns with the same implementation do not declare the same (restricted) parameters.