#1690: The test system should treat a nonzero exit code from Cactus as a failure ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: confirmed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I would like Cactus to provide a little more information about its termination than just creating a file when it reaches "Done.". For example, I would like to know the reason for termination. Was it due to TerminationTrigger running out of walltime, in which case the simulation is not complete? Or was it due to reaching cctk_final_time, in which case it is. Alternatively, if termination is from CCTK_Error, it would be good to get the error message in a file which is easy to parse, so that it can be displayed in tables of simulation statuses. Probably we want to write a termination file, as you suggest, but we would need to define the format for the content. We should brainstorm on what other things we might want in this file. Does Cactus already "know" the reason for a termination, or do we need to extend the flesh for this? I think this is outside the scope of this ticket, so I have created another one (#1720). I would still like to detect a nonzero exit code, as described in the current ticket. For example, an error which occurred after the termination file was written might cause this.