#976: Cactus ignors (since r4839 ie #768) changes to param.ccl when recompiling -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: critical | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
The regexp was the one that was in Cactus before the change that introduced the bug (at that point the whole PERL call was simply commented out.) Looking at the auto-generated dependency files (which are the only ones to whom the fixer is applied I hope), I only see single targets (ie. nothing matches {{{m/ .*:/}}}. On the other hand, making the pattern more specific is no a bad idea either. I would however suggest adding perl escapes to prevent it from interpreting parts of the file name as regexp metacharacters ie. {{{ $(PERL) -pi -e 's{^\Q$(basename $(basename $@)).o:\E:}{$(basename $@).o $(basename $@).d} if(m/: /)' $@ }}} Where I added {{{\Q}}} and {{{\E}}} and replaced double quotes with single quotes to prevent the shell eating up the backslashes (not sure if that is required).
Ok to apply?