#349: pyc files when syncing ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: barry.wardell | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
Attached is an updated version of this patch. I think this one is probably ready to commit, but I have not done so as I didn't get a chance to test it much. If you test it and think it's OK, please feel free to commit. Otherwise, I will do so myself the week after next.
There are two modes of operation after this patch:
sim sync <machine> Rsync with <machine> all files specified by the rule files simfactory/etc/filter.rules and simfactory/etc/filter.cactus.rules
sim sync <machine> [paths ...] rsync with <machine> the files specified by [paths...] taking into account the rules in simfactory/etc/filter.rules.
The file filter.rules files just exaclues some common paths which the user probably doesn't want to sync (.svn, .git, ...). The filter.cactus.rules file specifies which paths in the Cactus base directory should be sync-ed by default (lib/, arrangements/, ...) and excludes any other paths. The user can also put an optional .rsync.rules file in any directory in their Cactus tree to override the rules for that directory.