#963: Improve McLachlan accuracy ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by diener):
I have just added a patch towards the development version. I have tested that all the testsuites passes using this version and ran a modified version of the qc0-mclachlan.par parameter for 5M and tested that then old and the new version gives the same results both when running using the standard phi- and W-methods. However, I noticed that the RHS1 routine is more expensive now. With the repository version I get (from the TimerReport):
ML_BSSN | ML_BSSN_RHS1 | 224.50275900 |
while with the new version I get:
ML_BSSN | ML_BSSN_RHS1 | 425.99931700 |
while the timings for all other McLachlan routines are essentially unchanged. I currently can't explain this difference in time. It doesn't seem like there is enough new calcuations added to warrant such an increase. I will investigate further.