#1422: Subscribing to commit notifications for the ET should be made easier --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I have enabled this, and (as per #1250) configured the From address to be the original committer. I have also tested the hook, but nothing has come through from the ET commits list yet. It's possible that the addresses need to be whitelisted in Mailman. As far as I can see, there is no way to configure the github commit hook to set the reply-to address to anything other than "no-reply@github.com". From comments by github developers, they "are trying to move people away from using email commit notifications". I'm not sure what would be better; email is a push notification receivable by anybody. Anyway, if Mailman could rewrite the reply-to header for these messages, this would solve the problem.