#534: Checkpointing fails on LoneStar ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_10 Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: CarpetIOHDF5 ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
The optionlist has been committed. I would like to change the default optionlist for LoneStar to lonestar-openmpi.cfg for the ET release. Two people (Frank and I) have now seen problems with MVAPICH and no one has reported a problem with OpenMPI. The only problem at the moment is that we were doing production simulations and hence were using the stable version of Carpet, which means that the development version has not been tested with OpenMPI on LoneStar. I would be surprised if this led to problems, given that OpenMPI is used on many other machines without problems. In the time before the release, I can't do extensive testing, so I propose that I run a test BBH simulation on LoneStar and if that works with OpenMPI, then I will commit the OpenMPI parameter file. I think this is better than releasing with MVAPICH which we have seen to have problems.