#804: Cactus build fails on Kraken --------------------------------+------------------------------------------- Reporter: ajith@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: Kraken --------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Comment (by ajith@…):
I thought I was using the development version. I tried it again:
update ET on my laptop: {{{ newton-x:einstein_toolkit pajith$ pwd /Users/pajith/opt/einstein_toolkit newton-x:einstein_toolkit pajith$ ls Cactus GetComponents einsteintoolkit.th newton-x:einstein_toolkit pajith$./GetComponents -a einsteintoolkit.th Do you want to update all existing components? yes, no [no] : yes
...
----------------------------------------------------------------- 0 components checked out. 202 components updated.
Unable to process Carpet/doc
Summary of Warnings:
Could not update module Carpet/doc }}}
sync to Kraken: {{{ ./Cactus/simfactory/bin/sim sync kraken
...
Number of files: 23074 Number of files transferred: 0 Total file size: 259175286 bytes Total transferred file size: 0 bytes Literal data: 0 bytes Matched data: 0 bytes File list size: 496604 File list generation time: 6.351 seconds File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds Total bytes sent: 118 Total bytes received: 496624
sent 118 bytes received 496624 bytes 43194.96 bytes/sec total size is 259175286 speedup is 521.75 }}}
Build Cactus on Kraken: {{{ pajith@kraken-gsi2:/nics/a/proj/cactus/pajith/xt5/Cactus> pwd /nics/a/proj/cactus/pajith/xt5/Cactus pajith@kraken-gsi2:/nics/a/proj/cactus/pajith/xt5/Cactus> ./simfactory/bin/sim --clean --reconfig build }}}
And I get the same error: {{{ checking whether the C compiler (/opt/pgi/9.0.4/linux86-64/9.0/bin/pgcc -g -DCRAY_XT -c99 -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition -Bstatic) works... no configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables (see configs/<configname>/config-data/config.log for details).
Error reconfiguring sim-config make: *** [sim-config] Error 2 }}}