#1342: list-simulations shows queued simulation as "finished" -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
As a user, I care more about the fact that there is another job in the queue waiting to start for this simulation than the fact that the last restart has not been cleaned up. If there is no job in the queue, I have to "submit" again. If there is, then I don't have to do anything. There is no way to see this from the output of list-simulations. The output of list-simulations should tell you about the simulation as a whole, not the implementation details (restarts). Ideally, this implementation detail would be hidden completely from the user. It can be useful to also mention details related to restarts, but logically it should be giving information about the simulation as a whole.
Modifying the simulation when you run a list command sounds like a bad idea.
In the language of the user, a simulation which has "finished" is one which will not be run any more. I think the simulation should be called "Queued" or "Finished" depending on whether there are restarts in the queue or not. Maybe also add "Running" for a simulation with a currently- running job.