#1312: quick rsync for simfactory --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Parfiles was just one example. It might be a regular source file as well.
I don't really like the idea of the test for a successful build. A build might be successful even when a file is not updated (yet) and thus the exe contains the wrong code in the end (built earlier than the parallel sync was copying the new file).
In this case the system is supermike at LSU, but that is even one of the faster machines. I don't like setting up a system like DropBox or Google drive on a cluster head node. Not only do I worry about admins disliking this, I also don't like to put my passwords on these machines.