#515: Silently overrides DEBUG and OPTIMISE options ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: barry.wardell | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
It might still be nice to offer the possibility to change the default settings for a given machine. Eg. I am very unlikely to every want a non- debug configuration to run on eg. my laptop (or my workstation for that matter) since all I ever do there is debugging. So not having debugging symbol because I forget a repetitive command line parameter would be annoying (eg. if gdb finally catches the segfault that I have been debugging for two days only to find that there are no source code line information).
Python simfactory allows me to overwrite machine database entries in my local *.ini file, does it? Can I use this to change the default values or is this still overwritten by simfactories command line parameter.