#325: sim setup issues -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: anonymous | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
Thanks. I've tested the updated version. Issues 2, 3, 5 are now fixed. Issue 1 is still present, but I think I can live with it.
Issue 4 has been partially fixed by setting basedir to be the user's home directory. However, I think this isn't what most people will want to set as their basedir. Would it make sense to have a prompt for this?
In addition, I've noticed a couple of other issues with sim setup:
6. After I set options for a specific machine it prompts me if I want to set them for another machine. If I specify 'y' for this second machine, it does not bring me to the machine options setup but instead prompts me to save the file 7. The Y/N prompt for machine setup should accept only y or n and their logical variants. At the moment it seems that anything that doesn't match the default is interpreted as the non-default. 8. If I run sim setup once and don't enter an email address, I am not able to run sim setup again. It reports the error: "Error: specified value for key email does not match converted pattern .+"