#1567: Lorene: compilation error when using -warn all ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2014_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: ET_2013_11 Resolution: | Keywords: Lorene ExternalLibraries ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
Hi Erik,
thanks for your reply! I contacted the lorene developers yesterday through their mailing list and Jerome Novak addressed this issue. I have already tested successfully the newer version as a standalone code. I plan on testing it now as part of ET. I am not sure what is the path I should take to bring Lorene from its CVS repo to the ET distribution tar ball. I will look into this now, test it and propose the patch later here.
Regarding the "-warn all" flag, I think it is useful to have it set. I wouldn't have caught this issue without it and it might help catching similar issues with ET thorns. The only thing I find strange is that this flag actually caught a code error. Why the compiler would choose not checking on the Fortran interfaces without the "-warn all" flag if it actually leads to wrong or dangerous code, I don't really know.
Cheers, Bruno.
Thanks, Bruno.