#873: SphericalHarmonicRecon test is failing ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2012_05 Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: testsuites ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I think I have narrowed it down to this commit:
http://git.barrywardell.net/arrangements/AEIThorns/AEILocalInterp.git/commit...
{{{ author schnetter schnetter@0f49ee68-0e4f-0410-9b9c-b2c123ded7ef Mon, 7 May 2012 00:14:23 +0200 (22:14 +0000) committer schnetter schnetter@0f49ee68-0e4f-0410-9b9c-b2c123ded7ef Mon, 7 May 2012 00:14:23 +0200 (22:14 +0000) commit 72130d23ede5d69c96102c7822f55975d5b9ef44 tree 774093ff98e9dea96f46ef96b00fb6b83742c8bf tree parent aec6b0bd9a2f82096fde2b43c159653ee255a07f commit | diff Parallelize AEILocalInterp with OpenMP
This leads to a slight change in behaviour. Currently, AEILocalInterp traverses the list of points sequentially, and aborts when the first error is encountered. After parallelisation, there is no fixed order in which the points are traversed, and if several errors are encountered, any one of the errors may be returned, not necessarily the first. I am not aware of any thorn that would or should rely on such an ordering.
This patch also adds "restrict" and "const" statements that may improve performance as it gives the compiler more information about dependencies between pointers.
git-svn-id: https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/AEILocalInterp/trunk@55 0f49ee68-0e4f-0410-9b9c-b2c123ded7ef }}}
Erik, can you see something in this commit that might explain why these errors are generated?