#1783: Certificate for svn.cct.lsu.edu not trusted ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: reopened Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Server Infrastructure | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Are there any other certificates (or servers) hosted by LSU? In that case could someone follow up on this to make sure that they all get fixed? It seems as if we are not some much getting an omelette out of of this. I get the impression that each time that the certificates are up for renewal something else fails (at least its not the same thing each time, so the system learns :-) ).
Developers still would (need to) have a git checkout, because I very
much doubt I could commit to the svn-git bridge. I turns out one can (surprisingly). I just tested this. Both modifying existing files and adding new ones works through the svn brigde. See https://github.com/rhaas80/test .
Github also lets you (similar to bitbucket) download a given revision as a tarball, via: {{{ wget https://github.com/rhaas80/test/archive/c6f710ab83274fe9ea72762894cab81a2705... }}} so we could just track the actual source code in the repo (makes a git checkout for developers smaller) and have the users get either just a tarball via this method or via svn.