#1801: Certificate for svn.cct.lsu.edu not trusted --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Keywords: | --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- I just tried to check out the ET Hilbert release on my OSX laptop (OSX 10.10.4, subversion version 1.7.19) and get for the LSUThorns: --8<-- Could not checkout module LSUThorns/SummationByParts svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/LSUThorns/SummationByParts/branches/ET_...' svn: E175002: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/LSUThorns/SummationByParts/branches/ET_...': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://svn.cct.lsu.edu) --8<-- https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl- checker.html#hostname=https://svn.cct.lsu.edu reports the certificate to be ok though (with the exception of it using SHA1 as a hash).
Doing a manual svn checkout https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/branches/E... asks me whether I would want to trust the certificate.
1. I thought the LSU certificates were trusted by common OS by default by now (and OSX is certainly common) 2. I thought we had special code in GetComponents to make it automatically not try and verify signatures because of this 3. this is really becoming a nuisance (if indeed caused by an uncommon certificate issuer and not by something odd on my laptop) :-)
{{{ openssl ssl_client -connect svn.cct.lsu.edu:443 </dev/null >ssl.out }}} reports a self-signed certficate though this may well be the untrusted certificate.