#1428: remove some Carpet build warnings, add run-time warnings about grid structure dataset ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: development version Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Changes (by rhaas):
* status: reviewed_ok => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Currently both checkpoint reader and ID file reader will silently continue past the point where I added the warning if no grid structure is found. Then, during recovery, CarpetIOHDF5 will then fail in CarpetIOHDF5_RecoverGridStructure where it checks if a grid structure could be read. Given this, I think I'd like to retract the patch (0003), since the ID file reader does not actually use the grid structure at all, so all that happens with the patch is that first one gets a level 2 warning and then an abort for recovery and a warning that is not necessary for the ID file reader. Note that the abort only happens if CarpetIOHDF5::use_grid_structure_from_checkpoint is set.
I applied 0001 and 0002 as hash 66a468f4fc38188cd7a71261234a073f2a3e8c73 "CarpetIOHDF5: remove two compiler warnings" and 493f90970931ccdc8421bf5882bb14237508f70c "CarpetIOHDF5: check whether map exists before accessing it" of Carpet.